exalt is seeking a new Executive Director
exalt, in its eighth year, with strong support by funders, is poised for growth. Our next ED should be someone looking to take the next step in his or her career, and be ready and able to support and lead exalt in its next chapter of growth.
exalt’s mission is to elevate expectations of personal success for youth ages 15-19 who have been involved in the criminal justice system. We inspire youth at a critical crossroads to believe in their worth, from the first steps in contemplation through the journey to create lasting behavioral change. Our powerful combination of structured classes for tangible skill development; individualized support to navigate the education and justice systems; placement in paid internships; and an alumni network of resources equips youth with the tools and experience to avoid further criminal justice system involvement. At exalt, we empower youth to see a future filled with hope – and we provide the road map to get there.
• Partner with the board of directors to cultivate existing supporters, and develop end execute a fundraising strategy that diversifies our current funder base, with a particular focus on growing our support from individual contributors.
• Serve as chief spokesperson and advocate for exalt.
• Build and/or enhance strategic external partnerships that help the organization generate financial and other resources.
• Work with the board to ensure fiscal viability and accountability.
• Formulate and implement organizational policies and procedures.
• Oversee the fulfillment of day to day operations, including managing a staff of 10.
• Partner with the board of directors to achieve short - term and long - term goals and objectives as outlined in our strategic plan.
• Collaborate with the board chair to maintain and enhance board and committee composition.
• Ensure organizational culture remains aligned with mission, goals, and values.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, and advanced degree in related areas preferred.
• Passionate about youth justice and elevating exalt’s role in ending the school-to-prison pipeline/mass incarceration.
• Strong fundraising skills and experience with a broad variety of funders.
• Persuasive and dynamic public speaker.
• Organizational development, leadership, and management experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Sound knowledge of and experience developing and managing budgets and financial management systems.
• Ability, willingness and experience in cultivating and sustaining relationships.
• Extensive cultural sensitivity to socio-economic and political factors contributing to students’ backgrounds and histories.
• Experience working with justice system-involved youth and/or justice/education systems preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter indicating salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org
exalt is an equal opportunity employer. www.exaltyouth.org