Internship Development Coordinator (Full-time Position)
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
The Internship Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for expanding exalt's internship network for both the core and graduate programs, as well as assisting with monthly career exploration and educational opportunities for all active students and alumni. The Internship Development Coordinator will be supported by the Internship Liaison to meet annual goals for developing the organization's partnerships. This is a full-time role (35 hours per week) with the possibility of some remote work.
- Conduct outreach via phone, email, and in-person visits to businesses and nonprofits throughout NYC to develop new internships that meet participant interests and program goals.
- Assist Internship Liaison with matching eligible core program participants to internships sites and assist with scheduling initial interviews.
- Assist with graduate internship placement and matching, as well as scheduling interviews
- Organize internship match meetings with program team to determine program participants' career interests and best fit.
- Vet all new internship sites to ensure that partnership is in alignment with exalt’s mission and core values.
- Manage and supervise graduate internships and other career development opportunity placements.
- Facilitate bi-monthly community engagement workshops and co-coordinate (2) networking events for current and potential internship/community partners with the support of the Director of Programs
- Work with exalt's Director of Programs to develop innovative and effective communication strategies to attract and sustain new internship and community partners that will ultimately create pathways to higher levels of engagement (i.e. new donors, in- kind donations, workshop providers).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in internship, partnership, or network development work.
- Familiarity working with court-involved youth or similarly "at-risk" population of high- school aged youth.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) a plus.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience with competitive benefits
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must read Internship Development Coordinator Applicant.
exalt is an equal opportunity employer http://www.exaltyouth.org